Skip to main content
                                       2017 Struggles...'Adejoke's {Me} Story'

Happy New Year my readers, It's so great to see a New Year and I know it's going to be a great phase for you all. Now, I am guilty for abandoning my writings and I assure you that this year is going to be very different, you will have more consistent juicy topics to engage in and also the board will become bigger as writers will come on board. It's going to be a magnificent 2018! You will enjoy this.

So, let's start afresh this year. Before I begin to write, I want to share a story with you. This is the story that connects with almost everyone and even with me... This is going to be a better year and I know you will experience everything new, poise, and top notch!

Adejoke had great plans when 2017 started off, she wrote her goals, she gave her stakes, she knew who to call and who to call on her board. She has read a lot, she has attended a lot of seminars and she was certain that everything would unfold in 2017. After the month of January, something happened. The first project she placed her hands on didn't turn out well, she was anxious, she tried all she could to make things rest but nothing came out well.

She became depressed, as discombobulated as she was, she tried the next thing on the paper. It worked, but when she thought she was almost there, it all blew up. At this time, it was April, first quarter was almost gone and she felt nothing could happen again. She cried, she wailed, everyone she told her plans to were expecting her to shine forth, she knew they were waiting so that it wouldn't look like she was lackadaisical about her life but no one knew the struggle within her, No one saw the pain she's been fighting with but they felt she wasn't doing her best.

A close relative sent her a message to inspire her, but the message didn't reflect her life, she felt the man was speaking too much of himself and he had the privilege she didn't have anyway. She has no one to loan her anything but the loan the man had when he quit his job made him go through the next phase. Don't give excuses they will say, no man ever makes it with excuses, but I have tried to be plain, I am not giving excuses, I am just saying my struggles.

At this point she decided to dabble into anything available to her and guess what was available?something beneath her status. How could you pick such a thing? the questions were flying up and down the atmosphere of her life but it was her room of escape for now! It was something that made her useful even though she knew she shouldn't be there. At least, she could pay her bills and not depend on anyone before having her meals.

Some people just don't see the struggles. 'You are not doing enough, You are not resilient enough, You are not this and that' and it's depressing. Especially ,when she sees those around her, her cliques doing exceedingly well and it feels like something is wrong with her... 'Adejoke, What is happening to you she asked herself!'. The epiphany almost led her to some suicidal thoughts but.... She knew something will happen. Her light was dim but she still had the light anyway.

One day, she read somewhere that the biggest guys in the world, failed countless times but they stood! They became more than conquerors but then she said, I am not aspiring to be an entrepreneur, neither do I want to sing, or become a Coach, content or social media influencer. The kind of job I want has been politicised in  my nation. Do something else they say... What are my available options?


To be continued Tonight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

   Monday Blues....         Letter to the Man in charge Excuse me sir,  I hope your day is going on well even though mine isn't and the reason? I will certainly share with you. Let me ask you some questions, I don't need to be all care and friendly because this is a serious matter at hand. Do you drive? Does your car run on water or on Fuel? Please I need sincere answers sir!. It's pathetic that I have to stay on an unending queue to get fuel to run my car knowing that we have no special reserves to take us out on monday. Maybe car makers should start making three to four fuel tanks for some cars coming to some countries e.g Nigeria. I am so fed up of the way things are done in this country. They told us that we have Oil and we still suffer for what we have, are you sure those that discovered these things discovered well? I am sick and tired of speculations if we sincerely have, how come we suffer so much to own what we have? Who else is in the same shoes as I am
                                                     Self pity isn't the answer. 2017 Struggles { That Adejoke's Story} The struggles were too much for her to bear alone, she wanted her story to change but as much as she tried, nothing was happening. She could move no further. She decided to try her hands on some buying and selling but that wasn't enough though it gave her money to fund a lot of things. Money came through but she wasn't happy. 'Would you try this one or try that?' she laid her hands on every possible thing she could find. 'I don't want to be seen as an unserious person, I know where my mates are at least if she doesn't remind herself, some people will remind her or social media will remind her' Dara is in America on scholarship, Nkechi works with a Multinational company, Fumi is a technocrat and she is earning lots of money'. Adejoke what is happening?   That was what her Bestie asked her when she came over. At least,
                             Sip tHis Coffee With Onozasie This is the moment where we turn the lights on magnificient individuals. People doing great things in the society, entrepreneurs, social activists, initiatives masterminds. We bring them here to share their story, to push you to doing something and to make you know that it is never too late to get started. You are welcome aboard! Guess who is sipping our coffee today? It's Miss Modupeoluwa Babawale. She is the founder of Nirvana Initiative. You want to know more, let's ride along! Miss Modupe Babawale. Founder, Nirvana Initiative. Onozasie : Tell us something about you  Modupeoluw a :  My name is Modupe Babawale, second child out of 4 children. My dad is a medical doctor and my mum is a high school teacher, biology major. I studied Bsc Biochemistry At Bowen University, Iwo Osun state and Msc Biotechnology (specializing in molecular hematology) at Coventry University, UK. I started Nirvana Initiative in 2014